Do you want to have the best projector under $200? Well, you have reached the right place. In this article, we will the products and important features.
Projectors have come a long way from the time when they could be sighted only in office and schools for conducting presentations to modern times when the same is being used for imparting a swanky makeover to your drawing room by transforming it into a mini-theater instantaneously.
And paired with the towering rise in the price of big screen TVs, more and more people are opting for projectors to feel the bliss of enjoying a bigger picture.
With advent of technology, projectors have entered the affordability parameter while giving equivalently priced OLED and LCD TV’s a run for their money. Today we shall discuss in detail about ten of the best projectors priced under 200$.
We will also take you through some of the important pointers which need to be considered for gaining the most out of your projector buying decision.
Top 10 Best Projectors Under $200
You can enjoy a projection size ranging between 44 to 200 inches coupled with this projector from a distance of 4.9 to 18 feet although you can bring the picture to focus from the shortest distance of 4.9 feet.
However, 10 feet is considered as the best viewing distance as it projects a 98-inch image for helping you in bringing home the big screen experience.
You can easily achieve multi-directional projection by simply adjusting the text direction for meeting various needs.
Advanced cooling technology implemented by this versatile projector paves the path for faster heat dissipation so that it doesn’t get excessively heated in spite of being used for long.
- Brings 80% more brightness that the peer projectors for providing vibrant viewing even in the presence of ambient light.
- Vivid and accurate video quality gets guaranteed by its 1280*768P resolution.
- LED light source utilized by the GooDee projector ensures lower energy consumption in comparison to conventional bulbs thus adding to its longevity.
- Improved fan design lowers system noise so that you don’t get disturbed while watching your favorite movies.
- Accompanied by 3 years’ warranty which can keep your back from chances of malfunctioning.
- Built-in stereo speakers fail to impress as they lack in detail.
Make the most of your laidback weekends with big-screen entertainment courtesy the TAINIDI CL760 projector which can bring ahead the best of cinematic pleasure at an affordable price tag.
Its upgraded fan drastically reduces projector noise so that you can make the most of your audio-visual experience.
Rich and natural colors are delivered by its upgraded LED lamp which reduces losses and maximizes lamp utilization for offering 50000 hours of lamp life.
However, a distance of 10 feet projecting an image spread across 98 inches is considered to be the penultimate measurements for making the most of its stellar visuals.
Coming to the connectivity frontier, the CL760 offers a plethora of options in terms of dual USB slots, dual HDMI slots, one VGA, one AV and one 3.5mm headphone jack.
Coupled with such attributes, this projector can serve as the ideal pick for gifting to a friend or pampering yourself with this new year.
- Offers brighter and sharper images than its peer projectors.
- The contrast ratio of 2000:1 makes it the ideal choice for gaming and home entertainment.
- Can be used with PC, laptops, chrome book, TV box, USB flash drives, Blue-ray DVD players, Tablets, iOS and Android smart devices.
- Newly enhanced fan system assists with efficient heat dispersion while bringing down the sound by 50%.
- Comes backed with a 3-year technical support and customer service warranty.
- It does not support Dolby video or sound.
If you are on the lookout for a projector that can usher in stellar image quality even in the presence of ambient light, then the VANKYO Leisure 510 can serve as your ideal choice.
Ample venting runs through the edge of its chassis for preventing the device from getting overheated.
An enlarged manual focus wheel embedded at the top side of the VANKYO 510 projector provides firm tactile feedback.
Rich and natural colors are guaranteed by its pure LED lamp which can last over a stretch of 50000 hours to keep your back over a stretch of 15 years with 10 hours of daily usage.
- This projector is compatible with a large number of devices like Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, PS3, PS4, iPhone, iPad, PC, laptop, Xbox and other smartphones.
- Dual HiFi stereo speakers help in making the most out of your cinematic experience.
- LED lamps can sustain your back over a stretch of 50000 hours to keep you buffered from the requirement of frequent replacements.
- Accompanied with a number of connectivity options in the form of dual USB, dual HDMI, one AV, VGA and USB ports apart from an SD card slot.
- A customized carrying bag helps with its easy storage after usage.
- The projector is not waterproof thus limiting outdoor usage in extreme weather conditions.
- Improved airflow leads to noise issues which might distract your movie-watching experience.
Be it your favorite TV shows, movies, games or music concerts, VIVIMAGE can help you make the most out of the same with its C580 projector which guarantees a tremendous visual experience.
4000 lux brightness delivers 80% more illumination in comparison to the ordinary projectors coupled with which you can enjoy stellar images even in the presence of ambient light.
The VIVIMAGE projector supports display sizes ranging from 44 to 176 inches from a distance of 1.5 to 5.6 meters although 6.5 feet is considered to be the ideal viewing distance.
However, it is advisable to take a break over a stretch of every 3-4 hours for preventing chances of overheating.
You can also bid adieu to the requirement of costly external speakers coupled with its dual stereo speakers which render top-notch audio effects to match the projected videos.
With a plethora of connectivity options in the form of VGA, HDMI, USB and AV, you are bound to feel spoilt for choice while using this VIVIMAGE projector.
- Manually adjustable focus ring and keystone.
- The ceiling mount hole at the bottom of the projector further adds to its projection possibilities.
- Compatible with a plethora of multimedia devices such as tablets, smartphones, Fire TV sticks, laptops, PS4 etc.
- Ushers in 80% more brightness in comparison to average projectors available in the market.
- Decent audio-visual effects and excellent audio support is guaranteed by its dual stereo speakers.
- Heat dispersion gets optimized by its upgraded cooling system to keep the projector running for long.
- The keystone has to be adjusted manually.
It’s time to enjoy theater like experience without having to leave the comfort of your home with the ABOX A2 portable home projector which has been specially designed to offer you an audio-visual extravaganza.
With 100 ANSI lumens of brightness, this versatile projector can light up your screen 50% more than the standard ones available in the market.
The screen also doesn’t get lackluster even in the presence of ambient light.
You can also enjoy stellar projection from a distance of just 90 meters coupled with the throw ratio of 1.4:1.
Accurate audio stands guaranteed by the built-in 8Ω 2W Dual Speakers which can encompass you with a full-spectrum sound both indoors and outdoors.
The clarity of picture can be adjusted by its forward zoom ring which allows greater flexibility irrespective of the environment.
- Offers wide range of connectivity with HDMI, VGA, USB, AV, Micro SD and Audio Out 3.5mm slots for catering to bigger entertainment requirements.
- Advanced air current circulation and dust-free design can block up to 90% dust for decreasing its maintenance frequency and enhancing its longevity.
- Realistic and vibrant color output stands guaranteed by its 5-layer LCD technology which dedicates an entire chip for processing primary colors on a continuous basis.
- True HD images are projected in varying sizes for catering to diverse space requirements.
- The projector is not a wireless model.
You can now enjoy big screen extravaganza seated at the comfort of your home with the WiMiUS projector which can light up the room with 4000 lumens of brightness.
This is backed by a screen resolution of 1080P and a contrast ratio of 4000:1 for true to life visuals having extraordinary detailing.
The sheer clarity of the projector makes it redundant to attach an external speaker while watching or playing indoors.
An improved LED life of 50000 hours can keep the projector running for long without facing any requirement of lamp replacement.
Thus, while ordinary LCD projectors last get lackluster within just 3 years, the WiMiUS projector can have your back over a span of 10 long years.
- ±15° Keystone Correction helps in imparting a rectangle shape to images whereas the focus ring can be adjusted for making it clear.
- It can be installed in any of the four projection modes, i.e., front or rear placement on the disk and mounting to the ceiling.
- Better cooling system drowns the fan noise and comes off as 50% cooler in comparison to its peers.
- It offers a projection size of 50-200” from a projection distance of 1.5-5.5m.
- Comes backed with 3-year manufacturer warranty to keep you buffered from all chances of malfunctioning.
- Might break easily on being subjected to rough handling.
Bring the large screen experience of going to a theatre within the comfort of your home with the Wsky video projector which has already garnered a niche for itself in the market of entertainment enthusiasts.
Coupled with a contrast ratio of 2000:1 and 90% greater illumination than its contemporaries, this projector can suffice your movie and gaming needs to the greatest possible extent.
Its efficient cooling system can further add to its longevity while you enjoy your favorite shows without having to worry about the projector getting overheated.
Its low-voltage technology helps the projector in consuming less energy which in turn ushers in more money-saving benefits.
Last but not the least, a complete cinematic experience is delivered by the dual forces of its built-in speakers and Dolby Audio technology which can tag along with the breath-taking effects of movie scenes and gaming sequences.
- Innovative design which can easily blend in with your house décor while accentuating its aesthetic appeal.
- Offers 90% brighter and clearer images in comparison to its peer projectors.
- Supports ±15°vertical keystone adjustment for enjoying games, movies and music video seamlessly.
- A dynamic auditory experience is guaranteed by its Dolby speakers for a complete audio-visual experience.
- Fan sound gets reduced to a large extent by its dual fan design and noise suppression technology.
- Might not be of much help in conducting official presentations.
Coupled with the world’s smallest DLP projector manufactured by Magnasonic, you can bring video games, presentations, pictures and your favorite movies to the big screen.
This high-performing projector paves the path for 25 lumens of light output along with a picture resolution of 640×360 pixels and a contrast ratio of 1100:1 to provide you with crystal clear imagery spread over 60 inches.
The built-in 2100 mAh battery keeps the projector running for two hours before feeling the requirement of being charged again for about three to four hours through the phone charger or computer. The projector can also be used while being charged.
The straightforward controls guarantee simple setup and operation where you just need to plug in an HDMI cable meant for input and audio cable or headphones meant for output which can also be adjusted using the onboard volume controls.
- Supreme video quality especially when viewed in a dark room.
- Affordable model ranking high on durability.
- Built-in rechargeable battery.
- Small and lightweight.
- User-friendly operations.
- Soft and mono audio output.
- Low brightness and resolution.
- Blurred text in data images.
- The battery lasts only for two hours.
- Incompatible with speakers other than Samsung.
Enjoy clearer and brighter images with the DBPOWER T22 projector which can be your number one choice for playing video games, watching movies, viewing photos etc.
This 2400-lumen LED projector paves the way for 70% brighter images to guarantee an amazing viewing experience on the go. Supporting screen resolutions of 720 and 1080P, the DBPOWER T22 brings ahead a contrast ratio of 2000:1.
The versatile projector is compatible with Amazon Fire TV Stick, TV Box, Tablets, Laptops, PCs, SD cards, Blu-Ray DVD players, USB flash drive, Android smartphones, iPads, iPhones etc.
The projector comes with a 3-years warranty to keep you covered from technical glitches.
- Excellent build quality.
- Built-in audio works extremely well.
- Portable projector offering optimum value for money.
- Easy to set up.
- Low power consumption.
- Reduces glare on eyes from direct or blue light.
- Picture gets pixelated.
- The projector emits a lot of noise.
- Difficult to adjust the focus.
If you are on the lookout for a cost-effective projector that can render uniform illumination and eye-protective brightness without crossing over the affordability parameter, then the DracoLight GC333 can serve as your ideal pick.
The aesthetically designed projector is bound to receive a lot of appreciation from all your house guests as you get ready to treat them with an audio-visual extravaganza.
The dual built-in HiFi speakers create an adequate sonic boom for filling in a normal-sized room.
However, it is advisable to connect the same with external speakers for catering to that audiophile in you.
The single mounting hole of the DracoLight projector featuring dual-use design makes it compatible with both a ¼ inch screw projector tripod stand as well as a standard camera tripod.
It also offers the flexibility of being rotated up and down the screw for catering to varying height requirements.
- Can be setup easily for enjoying the best viewing effect.
- Supports keystone correction for clearer and a more rectangular picture frame.
- The focus button can be adjusted for greater clarity.
- Advanced cooling technology buffers the projector from getting overheated even while watching back to back episodes of your favorite TV series.
- Next to nil fan noise does not cause any major disruption to your audio-visual experience.
- 50000 hours of lamp life can keep you buffered from frequent lamp replacements.
- Lacks short-throw capabilities that are required in most modern-day apartments having cramped floor space.
- It cannot be connected with Bluetooth speakers.
Features to Consider Before Purchasing A Projector Below $200
Points to Consider While Buying a Good Projector Under $200
I have seen that while purchasing their projectors, many people are concerned only with price. Yes, the price is one of the leading deciding factors for any of your shopping. But, the thing with a projector is that most of you are not clear with the features or specs.
Some of you may want to purchase a 4k UHD (Ultra HD) Projector, but I am afraid that is quite difficult to get below the budget of 200 dollars. There are some of the attributes like a contrast ratio, aspect ratio, resolutions and Lumen (Brightness) that are a bit technical. Anyway, knowing the fundamental concepts of these terms can help you sort out your best projector for the money under the same price range.
Many times you have seen people vaguely choosing their projector. For example, if they are a two-lumen option let’s say 1000 and 2000, most of them consider 2000. It’s not like that, the environment and the condition where you are going to use the projector is the deciding factor. Maybe if you are going to use the projector only in a dark laboratory or classroom, 1000 lumen will be sufficient.
So let’s get familiar with these terms one by one.
1. Contrast Ratio
2. Aspect Ratio and the Resolution
These two-term are much related and dependent so, I am going to discuss it together.
Resolution is the number of pixels that the projector can project out. While aspect ratio is the shape, the projector will project the screen, whether it would be a rectangle or a square.
There are different kinds of resolution, for example, the popular ones are XGA, WXGA, and HD( High definition).
Now, the first one XGA is almost square with an aspect ratio of 4:3, you can think of a 4*4 square. It is the oldest resolution in the market that is still popular. Its resolution is 1024*768, 1024 on the horizontal axis and 768 on the vertical axis. This resolution is mostly famous for PowerPoint presentation projectors church, and business application. The main reason for its popularity is its low cost. Also, it’s light in weight and quite portable too. So, for business people, these features are quite supportive.
Now, coming to the next one WXGA. It has a resolution of 1280*800, much higher than XGA. So, you can get more information on it something great of spreadsheets. It has an aspect ratio of 16:10, so it’s more like a rectangle. Thus, you get better resolution, large screen size, and it all comes at a little higher price.
The last one is the HD that everyone loves, and each one of you wants HD. It offers 1920*1080 resolution and an aspect ratio of 16:9, so it a little narrow rectangle giving you a high depth. It’s great for home theaters, conferences, photography, Auto CAD application where you need lots of detail, and lots of quality in the picture output. Now, the downside is the size, and weight, it’s a little heavy. Also, the price is higher.
Resolutions in Projector
3. Types Of Projection Technologies
How Much is Appropriate Brightness (Lumen) for Projector?
Lumens and Room Light Condition for Projector
How to Connect a Projector with Different Devices?
Before I answer some specific questions, I am going to discuss with you about the various kinds of connection options available. These are HDMI, component cables, DVI, VGA, S-Video and composite cables.
Types of Projectors
Nowadays, projectors are in high demand. You can see them being used in offices and lecture halls for the purpose of multimedia presentations, while at home on these projectors you can watch movies.
They are being used in a vast area of applications, and that is what makes them popular everywhere.
All these types of projectors perform different functions and have different areas of application but still, they all have some common advantages and disadvantages, which are mentioned below.
Pros of Projectors
1. Lower maintenance requirements
Every kind of technology product requires some maintenance to keep it functioning. The best for you is to check all the requirements your device need before purchasing it, as this will give you a clear picture regarding a product and it can help you to save your money and time. Because no one wants to spend their time repairing their projectors after spending their money on buying one.
In projectors, one of the most important requirements is long lamp life. Most projectors offer lamp life from 3000 to 6000 hours, while some offer lamp life even beyond this range. Knowing your requirements before making a purchase will definitely help you later on.
Projectors manufacturers offer different features in projectors to make them low maintenance and easy to use. One of them is the usage of either laser or LED projectors. LED projectors do not require bulb replacement and this makes their lamp life more, i.e. ranging from 16,000 to 20,000 hours. While on the other hand laser projectors also do not need any kind of bulb replacements and their lamp life can last from 20,000 to 30,000 hours.
So, take a look at how much you are going to use it, and how many lamp hours you need and then make a decision regarding your purchase.
2. Wireless connectivity and sharing capabilities
3. Ultra-Short Throw Projectors
Why Ultra Throw Projectors are growing in popularity nowadays?
If you ever had a chance of being a presenter, you must have faced that blinding effect on the image because of your shadow. For this problem, Ultra Throw Projectors provides a solution.
As Ultra Throw Projectors have the ability to eliminate the blinding effect coming from the projector, this feature is of great use for huddle spaces. Also, because of its simple mounting features, it will save you from the extra cost and space. Another ability that can go with UST projectors is full interactivity.
4. Home Theater Projectors – movies and projectors
5. It is more affordable than you think
Getting a projector might sound expensive, but in reality, it is not true. It is way cheaper than installing a 70 inch or a bigger TV which can cost you a couple of grands. On the other hand, you can buy a 4K projector at half of that price.
Also, its price has come down in the last couple of years. So, instead of buying a TV and putting a strain on your pocket you can set a home theatre in a small amount.
6. Large Picture Size
7. Easier on the eyes
You may think that the big screen hurts the eyes. Actually, it’s not true. It’s quite relaxing to watch as not only the brightness range increases in projectors but also there is a larger percentage of the visual fields that make your overall experience pleasant.
Cons of Projectors
You can’t enjoy any product completely as nothing provides a hundred percent advantages. You have to deal with the disadvantages of the products also. Some of the cons of projectors are explained below.
The most common issue in projectors is the issue of location. So, make sure you have the answers regarding the following questions before buying a projector.
How far it should be placed from the screen? If it is not located in the desired position does it can shift its zoom range to give a clear view? Does it contain the lens shift feature so you can view it from the off-axis? Or does it have enough features to deal with the obstacles that can alternate the angle of projection of the image?
In some new models of projectors, you can change the image by simply using a remote control. This provides a great advantage as you don’t have to climb on a ladder again and again to adjust your projector.
2. Insufficient LUMENS
If you want to get most out of this purchase there is another expense that you must add on your list and that is a screen. Using just a plain wall will not give you the experience that you can enjoy with a screen. Because, if the wall is smooth and have some reflecting characteristics, you will then experience the light reflecting back to your eyes.
Therefore, it is worth spending on a screen, also they offer different characteristics, as some can offer more brightness or can make the black level better. The amount for screen varies from a few hundred to a couple of thousands.
4. Operational Volume (DB)
5. Lacking all desired inputs
Make sure that your projector is coming with all the desired products that you need, plus those products match your computers and can easily be attached to them. Most people overlook this factor while making a purchase and face the consequences later on.
For example, HDMI port or a lot of projectors have old school VGA inputs, so if your computers are lacking such inputs, this will become a problem for you.
7. Disproportionate size
The size of the projector may not be a big issue, but a suitable size can make a difference. Always consider the size of the projector before buying it. Keep in mind in what area you’re going to use it and how much size you need. Because otherwise, it will look ill-planned and ineffective.
8. Poor warranty
9. Too much heat output
Projectors produce too much heat output. The installation of a projector in a small room can give a suffocating environment. To avoid this issue, go for LED, LCD or laser projectors as they have a minimum heat output and will not ruin your room with their excess heat.
10. Not considering equivalent visibility or comparable standards
FAQs Related to Projectors Connection
I hope that by now, reading this article, there must have surely been some improvement to your information about projectors.
We often come face to face with making the tough call between price and quality while purchasing electronic gadgets. At the end of the day, all of us wish to bring home a gadget loaded with features without shelling out much from our pocket. A projector paired with a decent level of brightness and resolution can get the job done in most of the cases. In accordance with the large variety of requirements we have, the market has filled up with specialized models with some earmarked for well-lit rooms whereas others are tailor-made to get your cinematic experience going strong in dark surroundings. The key lies in choosing which one shall serve you best to take the audio-visual extravaganza to the next level.