A commercial ice maker becomes an absolute necessity whether you are running a bar, cafeteria or restaurant serving food and drink.
And if you think that getting hold of a machine which can freeze water is an extremely easy affair then you are in for a pleasant surprise as the plethora of machine available in the market are there to confuse you to the core.
While the modular ones need to be used with a separate unit storing and dispensing ice, undercounter ice machines combine a storage bin with the ice machine.
Countertop ice dispensers can produce up to 400 pounds on a daily basis and have small storage bins thus serving as a great commercial solution.
Combination models can dispense both ice and water and serve as the ideal choice for break rooms, healthcare facilities as well as cafeterias, and if your work requires to to blend the ice then you may check quiet blenders list too.
Today, we are going to take you through five of the best ice maker machines available in the market but first we are going to take a look at the points to consider while purchasing such a device.
Things To Consider While Purchasing A Commercial Ice Maker
1. ROVSUN Built-in Stainless Steel Commercial Ice Maker
This ETL certified ice maker comes in a sleek and compact package which can either be built-in under the counter unit or serve as a standalone-freestanding model.
You can expect the ROVSUN model to produce 100 pounds of ice on a daily basis over 12-18 minute cycles.
Ease Of Use
Setting up the smart panel seems like a breeze given its easy dynamics.
The automatic cleaning function further adds to its overall lucrativeness.
- Constructed using stainless steel which imparts utmost durability to the model.
- Accompanied by a water inlet hose, ice scoop, drain hose and dual connectors so that you can start with your ice making activities instantaneously.
- Hooks directly to the water line.
- Ice bin lacks a freezer making the ice melt almost instantly post production.
2. Costway Commercial Ice Maker Machine
If you are on the lookout for a device which can provide you with 88 pounds of ice on a daily basis in 12-18 minute cycles, then the Costway ice maker can serve as your ideal pick.
The machine stops automatically once the ice bin gets filled up for proceeding to cold preservation stage.
It switches back again to the ice production mode on removal of ice from the bin.
Ease Of Use
LCD indicator makes it easy to gauge the water level so that you can add in more according to your requirement.
- Produces crystalline square ice cubes.
- Comes with a water shortage auto-detection system.
- Has a free-standing design.
- Remaining time for beginning with the succeeding ice making cycle is displayed by the LCD screen.
- Has self-cleaning capability.
- The ice bin is insulated but not refrigerated.
3. Costway 100LB/24H Commercial Ice Maker Machine
This free-standing ice maker from Costway can serve as your ideal choice if you wish to churn out chunks of ice within a short span of time.
Its built-in compressor cooling system helps in operating the portable ice maker without emitting any disturbing noise.
The front panel of this ice maker features a digital meter which conveys information regarding low water level, full ice bucket etc. so that you can conserve energy and reduce your electric bills.
You can expect the ice maker to operate automatically on being connected to a water source.
However, the ice making procedure comes to a halt and transits to the cold preservation stage once the storage bin becomes full.
100 pounds of ice is churned out over a stretch of 24 hours by this heavy-duty machine which operates in 12-18 minute cycles.
Ease Of Use
A plethora of indication lights as well as buttons make it extremely easy to operate this professional grade ice maker.
- Modern look which can blend in easily with the rest of your kitchen décor.
- Crafted using stainless steel which is adequately durable and resistant to rust.
- Can churn out 100 pounds of ice over a span of 24 hours.
- Automatic operation which ceases the ice maker’s operation once the storage bin gets filled up.
- Operation display panel features various buttons and indication lights thus making it extremely easy to operate.
- Manufacturing warranty is just a year from the invoice date.
4. VEVOR 110V Commercial Ice Maker
The stainless-steel model from Vevor has found wide acceptance in a plethora of commercial applications ranging from supermarkets to bars, cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries and even snack bars.
You can blend in efficiency as well as convenience in your ice making activities with the Vevor commercial grade ice maker which can churn out 40 clear ice cubes every cycle comprising over 12 to 18 minutes.
Thus, 88 pounds of ice can be expected over a span of 24 hours which can be stored in its 90-pound storage seamlessly.
The powerful 235W SECOP compressor keeps the device cool thus serving as a potent addition to your bar counter.
Coupled with an advanced microcomputer control system, the ice making and collecting process gets automated while rendering adequate protection to the entire drill.
Its refrigerating capacity is not affected by ambient temperature so that you can make ice leisurely even during the scorching summer months.
Ease Of Use
You can easily set the ice making time in advance coupled with the intelligent panel.
Automatic cleaning is also supported by its one-touch button following which an insulation is provided over a stretch of 5-7 hours even in the face of power failure.
- Rings in 35% more energy savings in comparison with its peers.
- Supports Auto Clean function to enhance your time savings.
- Digital control panel sends a reminder whenever the ice storage bin gets filled up.
- Offers insulation over a stretch of 5-7 hours to keep the ice cubes intact in case of power failure.
- Ice tends to melt when kept in storage.
5. Happybuy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
Hike up the efficiency of your dessert parlour with this versatile Happybuy ice maker which can churn 132 pounds of ice over a span of 24 hours.
Coupled with such supply, you can definitely cater to all your culinary requirements be it bubble tea or that perfect café frappe.
Its built-in air cooled condenser helps in ensuring rapid ice production as well as high quality output time and again.
You won’t have to worry about power failure while using the Happybuy commercial ice maker as it can guarantee heat insulation over a stretch of 5-7 hours to constantly cater to your requirements.
You can even toggle with the level of ice thickness in accordance with your preference and for serving diverse cuisines.
While thin ice can be manufactured within 5-8 minutes, it requires between 8-11 minutes for making medium ice cubes and 11-15 minutes for thick ones.
Ease Of Use
The dual functionalities of cyclopentane insulation layer and super-thick foam layer brings along a premium insulation effect making the Happybuy ice maker ideal for being used in hotels, coffee shops, supermarkets, bars, bakeries, KTC, cold drinks shops, restaurants, hospitals, schools and similar places.
- Offers versatility in churning ice of varying thickness.
- Crafted using food-grade stainless steel.
- Digital control panel aids in setting the ice making time in advance.
- Ranks high in the department of insulation to keep your back in the case of power failure.
- Easy to set up.
- Lacks automatic cleaning cycle feature making it mandatory to clean the same manually.
While purchasing a commercial ice maker, most of us have a budget to cater to. Models churning out ice flakes might thus burn a deeper hole in your wallet in comparison to the basic ones.
The models we have mentioned in the list above have received rave reviews from its users and are bound to usher in numerous benefits from the very first usage.