The profession of welding involves working in close proximity with heat and sparks making it extremely hazardous.
Apart from the obvious radiations, there is also high chance of getting injured through falling debris making it necessary to opt for a high-grade welding helmet.
Whether you are performing hot work for professional purposes or at your home shop, we have accumulated a list of top five affordable welding helmets which can keep your back like an absolute pro.
However, before getting into in depth discussion about these five models, we are going to take a look at the things to keep in mind while caring for your welding helmet to enhance its longevity.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Welding Helmet
1. Antra AH6-260-0000 Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
If you wish to combine stellar features with an absurdly low price, then the Antra AH6-260-0000 can serve as your ideal pick.
Everything from usability to comfort have been ensured by its manufacturer for catering to the requirements of both professionals as well as novice welders.
This helmet is perfect for metal active gas (MAG) welding, metal inert gas (MIG) welding, shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding.
In spite of not boasting an extremely large viewing area, the Antra AH6-260-0000 can provide its users with a good view ahead as well as of the bordering area.
- Durable and lightweight body make it easy to carry the helmet around.
- Has variable shade range.
- Comes packed with additional replacement lens.
- Features adjustable sensitive knobs and auto-darkening functionality.
- Sensor tends to become over-sensitive at times.
- Requires more time to charge its solar powered batteries.
2. DekoPro Solar Powered Welding Helmet Auto Darkening
The first thing which is bound to catch your eye in this DEKOPRO helmet is its cool design featuring a bald eagle along with stripes and stars.
Thus, if you wish to sport the colors of the US flag, then this helmet can serve as your ideal choice.
The Auto Darkening Filter of the DEKOPRO welding helmet can be of great help in adapting to various work environments by exercising control over the lens shade.
Solar panel technology adds to the longevity of this welding helmet thus extending its lifespan to 5000 hours.
Such attributes make it ideal for MMA, MAG, MIG, Plasma Cutting, TIG and Arc welding activities in construction, automotive, metal production, manufacturing, military maintenance and fabrication industries.
The DEKOPRO welding helmet comes equipped with a 3.62’’ x 1.65’’ clear visor viewing area which allows the welder to benefit out of optimum visibility at varying angles.
Weighing at just 1 pound, this versatile helmet comes balanced with a fatigue-free and adjustable comfortable headgear to guarantee greater efficiency.
- Can switch from light to dark in just 1/25000 seconds.
- Renders adequate protection from IR and UV radiation in the event of power failure.
- Delay and sensitivity settings offer adequate adaptability to various environments.
- Equipped with 7 square inches viewing area which increases your efficiency.
- Does not work very well under direct sunlight.
3. DekoPro Auto Darkening Helmet
The DekoPro Helmet can keep you safe from all chances of electric failure by rendering optimal eye protection as you concentrate on your welding projects.
With adequate protection against UV and IR radiations, this solar powered helmet can keep your back even during electric failures.
The attractive design of the DekoPro welding helmet combines supreme functionality with stellar good looks as you take on MIG, MMA, TIF, MAG/CO2 and plasma processes.
The Deep Sea welding helmet is ideal for being used in construction, automotive, food & beverage manufacturing, military maintenance, metal production and fabrication, mining, transportation, oil & gas, repair and operation (MRO) as well as construction industry.
A clear visor viewing area spread over 3.85”x3.15” assist the welder in clearly viewing the project irrespective of the angle.
Enhanced visibility is guaranteed by its crystal-clear screen which joins hands with the angular view for allowing the welding helmet to remain equally functional at different angles.
- Lightweight welding helmet which ushers in enhanced comfort.
- Can switch from light to dark within 1/25,000 seconds.
- Comes with a large viewing window spread over 3.85 x 3.25 inches.
- Can cater to both household and professional requirements.
- Requires proper care and maintenance for preventing accidents which might cause further damage.
4. RHINO Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
The Rhino large view RH01 welding helmet has been specially engineered for providing maximum safety as you engage in the hazardous task of welding.
You can bid adieu to fiddly fine-tuning with the Rhino large view helmet as its settings can be adjusted even with your gloves on.
The knobs have been strategically positioned outside the helmet for delaying the auto-darkening feature and adjusting the sensitivity level in an easy manner.
Weighing below 2 pounds this surprisingly lightweight and sweat absorbinghelmet can be worn comfortably over long stretches of time without experiencing any fatigue or neck strain.
The durable build of this welding helmet makes it tailor made for being used in factories where it is highly likely to being thrown around.
However, it is imperative to note that this helmet cannot be used in overhead welding applications, laser cutting applications or laser welding,
The Rhino large view helmet has won accolades from welders around the world due to its larger viewing area spread over 10 square inches which is almost double than the standard helmets.
You can thus enjoy a clearer look while benefitting out of time savings and greater efficiency.
- Ratchet style headgear having headband ensures that you get to focus entirely on your work without having to fidget with the mask.
- Crafted using lightweight nylon shell weighing less than 1.2 pounds.
- Comes with a warranty of 2 years to cover all flaws and defects related to workmanship and manufacturing.
- Offers more than 10 square inches of welding vision.
- Glossy interior causes a bad glare while working with fluorescent lights.
- Not ideal for heavy-duty welding.
5. Instapark ADF Series GX990T Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
Advanced technology and chic edgy design has made Instapark ADF Series GX990T Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet the ultimate choice of those who like to stay in sync with latest trends.
At just 1.5 pounds, the Instapark ADF Series GX990T Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is ideal for being used over an extended time span without feeling its pressure on your shoulder or neck. Apart from being super lightweight, this helmet also wins accolades with its plush interior which ushers in greater comfort.
The completely modernized welding helmet ranks pretty high in the department of visibility coupled with the backing of state of art technology such as sensitive sensors, auto darkening feature and an extremely large viewing area which can provide you with a holistic picture of what lies ahead as well as the peripheral zone.
- Provides maximal level of visibility.
- Lightweight build makes this helmet perfect for being used over an extended time span.
- Becomes easy to examine the weld irrespective of the environment coupled with its auto darkening feature.
- Solar powered welding helmet features external knobs for making easy adjustments.
- Not compatible with hard hats.
- Helmet is not equipped with a retainer which makes it difficult to use cheater lenses with the same.
If you are keen on spending money for bringing home an affordable auto darkening helmet, then you can take your pick amongst the five different options listed out above.
These helmets offer adequate protection from light and UV rays without delay which otherwise might damage your eye.