Last updated on February 18th, 2021
A bottom loading water dispenser can serve as the ultimate addition to your home or waiting room for keeping all your guests and even employees well hydrated.
A bottom loading water dispenser further ads to the ease of its operation as you won’t have to lift water bottles for refilling the tank once it gets empty.
Today, we are going to take a look at the five best bottom loading water dispensers and a buying guide which can assist you in taking the right purchase call.
Water Dispenser Buying Guide
1. Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout Self-Sanitizing Bottom Load Hot, Cold and Cool Water Cooler Dispenser
This bottom loading dispenser has already won accolades with its ability of merging convenience with performance and that too without crossing over the affordability threshold.
Offers three diverse varieties of hot, cold and cool water temperature to cater to your specific requirements in the best possible manner.
The self-sanitizing feature of the Whirlpool water dispenser makes use of the harmless ozone for sanitizing lines and water reservoirs.
It also becomes extremely easy to clean the same coupled with its dishwasher safe attributes.
Its child resistant safety feature can keep you buffered from all chances of accidents even when your little one develops particular curiosity towards the buttons which are all positioned at the unit’s top portion.
The water bottles are placed near the cooler’s base and ensure a secure fit to the unit’s hose for drawing water upwards without having to rely on gravity.
- Comes with Energy Star and UL certification apart from a year’s limited warranty against all system defects.
- Bottom loading design makes it easy even for elderly people to fill in water bottles without experiencing any back strain.
- Can be operated without the requirement of any additional plumbing.
- A clean look is imparted by the bottles which stay concealed inside the cabinet.
- Dishwasher safe drip tray paves the path for hassle-free cleaning.
- Buttons feel pretty cheaply constructed.
Whirlpool has come with the 5th generation of bottom loading water dispensers which can cater to all your requirements in an efficient manner.
The Whirlpool dispenser keeps water up to 9°F cold than most of its peers. It also provides steaming hot water round the clock which can serve as an ideal ingredient in those delicious creamy soups and steaming beverages.
Its 6th Sense Self Cleaning mechanism breaks down water borne viruses and bacteria by making use of unstable oxygen.
You can easily get to know when the self-cleaning drill is running coupled with the LED indicator which also hints at the coolest and hottest levels of water temperature.
A powerful and durable water pump as well as a water siphon is used by the Whirlpool water dispenser for sucking the remaining water in an efficient manner.
Its proprietary cooling system technology significantly reduces the usage of the compressor thus further adding to its longevity.
- You can easily gauge the self-cleaning span of the water dispenser by taking a look at its LED lights.
- Extremely durable in nature and can easily sustain the weight of a 300 pounds’ person without crumbling under the pressure.
- Efficient cooling system does not make much utilization of its compressor which in turn adds to its longevity.
- You can use either 3 or 5-gallon water jugs with this dispenser.
- LED lights also indicate its hottest and coldest water temperature.
- Does not offer room temperature water.
- Stainless steel design is prone to stains and fingerprints which makes it get lackluster with continued usage.
Versatility meets stellar good looks in the Primo 601088 water dispenser which can help in enjoying your favorite foods and beverages round the clock.
Be it soups, oatmeal or simply a cup of coffee, this efficient water dispenser can keep your back at all times.
The Primo 601088 dispenses both piping-hot and ice-cold water with a simple push of the button.
You can even keep your children protected from burning their tender skin with a child-resistant safety feature which prevents inadvertent dispensing.
It is super easy to switch off its cooling and heating functions for more efficient use of power supply while dealing with the Primo water dispenser.
The easy bottom loading design of the Primo water dispenser eliminates spills and back strains which can arise while loading the same.
Adequate durability stands guaranteed by its stainless-steel water reservoirs which can provide you with optimum value for money.
You can also clean its dishwasher safe drip tray for imparting greater longevity to the same.
This energy star rated and UL certified water dispense comes with a limited warranty of 1 year to keep you back against all manufacturing defects which crop up during the same.
- Can accommodate between 3-5-gallon water jugs.
- Its adjustable cavity can easily fit in jugs of varying sizes.
- Compact shape makes it ideal for being used in small kitchen as it fits in easily next to counter space or into the corner.
- Empty bottle indicator lights send signals whenever the jugs require refilling.
- Available in a single black color with no option for stainless steel or white variants.
- Lacks an adjustable thermostat.
Be it your morning cup of coffee or cool and refreshing water after coming back home from work, the Hamilton Beach BL-1-4A can cater to your requirements at all times.
The available push buttons make it extremely easy to access cold, hot and room temperature water.
This in turn can assist you with the preparation of your favorite soups and beverages in an effortless fashion.
The low positioning of its bottles prevents the requirement of awkward manoeuvring and strenuous lifting.
You can easily get to know about the requirement of water refilling by viewing the LED indicator light.
This dispenser can function without the requirement of any added filter and its removable dishwasher-safe spill tray assist tremendously with the cleaning function.
- Removable tray is dishwasher safe thus making maintenance drill an extremely easy affair.
- You can keep your children safe from touching the hot water buttons with its built-in safety locks.
- ETL certified and energy star compliant water dispenser.
- Bright red indicator light can notify you in advancement about the replacement and refilling requirements of the water dispenser.
- Can be installed easily at your home as well as office.
- Its easily sliding water jar makes it easy for people to replace the bottle whenever it gets empty.
- Water jug needs to be replaced correctly as otherwise the suction tends to become loose.
- The pressure level significantly affects water flow making it imperative to install the jug properly before reaching out for a glass of water.
If you are on the lookout for a water dispenser which can provide you with optimum value for money, then this Avalon model can serve as your perfect pick.
You can take your pick amongst the three different temperature settings for customizing your drinks.
So, whether you are thinking of making a cool lemonade or something piping hot for those chilly winter evenings, the Avalon model can keep your back at all times.
The integrated and easy-to-use paddle spout makes it extremely convenient to dispense both hot and cold water.
All you will need to do is simply press the cup towards the paddle and that will cause water to flow from the unit’s faucet.
The powerful compressor also economises the electric consumption while dispensing icy cold water.
This water dispenser can be used to store both 3 and 5-gallon water bottles.
You can also view the sprouts clearly during night-time coupled with its built-in nightlight.
It also becomes easy to keep the bottle filled at all times courtesy the empty bottle indicator which can notify you in advance.
- Features night light as well as child safety lock to assist in its usage.
- Heater can be turned off if you don’t feel the requirement of hot water.
- Bottom loading attributes ensure that you don’t end up straining your back while lifting up the water jug.
- Energy Star approved water dispenser stands at 41 inches tall thus adding to its ease of use.
- Comes with a pump and can accommodate both 3 and 5-gallon jug.
- Has to be cleaned actively for maintaining its longevity.
- Bottle has to be purchased separately.
We have gradually developed the habit of drinking filtered water for catering to the growing hygiene requirements.
Although different households are opting for internal water filtration systems, it also pays well to have a water dispenser handy.
This can provide you with both hot and cold water as per your requirement. There was a time when these dispensers were deemed useful only in office setups.
Coming back to modern times, these sleek dispensers which rank high in the department of functionality are also finding its way to our houses.
With a large variety of bottom loading dispensers available in the market it sometimes becomes difficult to take the final call.
But that is where we come in with thorough subject knowledge to propel you towards the right direction.
Eva is Cartbig’s editor in chief and she has worked on everything Cartbig covers, from beyblades to lawn mowers. In her previous life, she held editorial positions in iEssent and BHP.
She loves reading, she has a daughter and a poorly behaved havanese dog.
She resides in Utah and she works remotely from a desk piled with post-it notes, science fiction books and all kinds of cameras. Even broken ones.