Last updated on March 14th, 2019 at 10:40 am
TIG welding has been accredited for producing clean and precise welds of thinner materials requiring strict heat control.
The metal you are welding gets heated by the tungsten electrode while Argon gas protects the weld puddle from airborne contaminants.
The welds produced through a TIG weld is cleaner with minimal smoke generation which is the biggest cause of its widespread acceptability in various fields ranging from experimental aircraft to sculpture designing and automobile manufacturing.
The welding machines are accompanied by a large array of accessories such as cables, TIG torch, foot pedals and many more.
Today we are going to discuss about some of the best TIG welders available in the market.
|2018 AHP AlphaTIG||110/220V||$$$||Check Price|
|Amico 200 Amp TIG Torch/Arc/Stick DC Inverter Welder||110/230V||$||Check Price|
|Forney 324 190-Amp MIG/Stick/TIG Multi-Process Welder||110/230V||$$$$||Check Price|
|2017 Everlast PowerTIG 185 DV AC / DC TIG Stick Welder||110/220V||$$$$||Check Price|
|TIG 160 Amp Torch ARC Stick DC Welder||110/230V||$||Check Price|
|200 amp Portable TIG Welding Machine||220V||$||Check Price|
|Amico TIG-205 / 200 Amp HF TIG Torch/Stick/Arc Welder||115/230V||$||Check Price|
|MophornTig Welder 140 Amp Tig Stick Welder 110V/220V Dual Voltage||110/220V||$||Check Price|
|Amico TIG-165 / 160 Amp HF TIG Torch/Stick/Arc Welder||115/230V||$||Check Price|
|SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp||110/220V||$||Check Price|
Now we are going to share some TIG welding tips which can have your back at all times:
TIG Welding Tips
1. 2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200 X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with PULSE 110v 220v
This high-quality machine combines the functionality and performance levels of a professional equipment without crossing over the affordability parameter.
Part time welders, amateurs and professionals can weld thin materials such as 3/8 inches of steel and ¼ inches aluminium using this AHP model.
Coupled with state-of-art pulse width modulation and inverter technology, the TIG welder can perform brilliantly on projects where having a high degree of accuracy is of paramount importance.
The IGBT technology of the Alpha TIG 200X converts power to high voltage output for being stored and used later on. Compared to its peers, the AHP welder provides better control over functional parameters.
Weighing at just 28 pounds, the Alpha 200X can be carried around without breaking any sweat. Its flexible handle and sturdy body imparts greater mobility and convenience in a user-friendly way.
Standard button controls have been replaced by knobs and rows which come clearly labelled to avoid confusion.
You can exercise complete control over the welder with its foot pedal which ensures safety by freeing up your hands.
- Excellent penetration power which can be cranked up to 200A.
- Multiple control options meant for different welding options.
- Precision-friendly welder offering wide range of pulse capabilities to cater to your requirements.
- Fan lifespan gets shortened when operated at top speed.
2. Amico 200 Amp TIG Torch/Arc/Stick DC Inverter Welder Dual Voltage IGBT Welding
Just as the name suggests, Amico brings supreme versatility to the table by Stick, Arc and TIG Torch welding in this portable model.
Coupled with such attributes, it serves as a tailor-made fit for light industrial work, maintenance, repairing and general fabrication. Dual voltage system helps in using the machine both on 110V and 220V of power while an output of 200 amps is provided by the stick.
Pre-flow, post-flow, amps and clearance can be set for benefitting out of perfect and effective welding. IGBT inverter technology enhances the portability of the machine by imparting supreme convenience and usability.
This powerful welder can fuse up to ½ inch of stainless steel, mild steel, alloy steel, cast iron, copper and chrome. Its full-sized Stick & TIG platform easily outperforms its peers in terms of voltage control, arc quality, value and duty cycle.
Post-weld clean-up and splatter gets reduced drastically as this welder delivers flawless weld from the very first use.
- Extremely lightweight making it easy to be carried around in the work site.
- Impressive construction which receives the stable backing of accompanying accessories.
- Grip of the rod does not get affected even when it gets heated.
- The torch has a nice swivel on it.
- Does not support flux core wire.
- Knob adjusting gas flow spins too freely.
- Grounding cable is extremely short.
3. Forney 324 190-Amp MIG/Stick/TIG Multi-Process Welder
This DC-only TIG welder can take on flux-cored or gas MIG welding as well as TIG and Stick welding although it cannot be used for welding aluminium.
Setting it up is an extremely easy task as it accepts spool sizes of both 4 and 8 inches having acceptable wire diameters ranging up to .035.
Its duty cycle of 20% can help you in getting a good bead coupled with the welder especially when using the MIG settings.
A ground clamp and stinger can be found for stick set up whereby you can weld electrodes up to 5/32”. Its digital readout makes it easy to gauge the actual arc voltage and value of output current for precise management of functions and data.
Most of the torch issues faced by users are also bound to get alleviated with the euro-connect feature which aids in switching quickly between long and short torches for easy repair and maintenance.
The wire feeder can also be expected to last longer coupled with its cast aluminium drive system having replaceable parts and upper geared idler for feeding the wire better.
- 15 feet long power cord works pretty well without the requirement of an extension cord.
- Comes with MIG and Stick setup.
- Extremely easy to dial in settings.
- Awesome 4 stage trigger.
- Offers plenty of power to get the job done with precision.
- Might not serve industrial level applications.
- Foot pedal, spool gun and TIG torch has to be purchased separately.
4. 2017 Everlast PowerTIG 185 DV AC / DC TIG Stick Welder 110/220 Volt Inverter-based Dual Voltage 185AMP
As one of the smallest and lightest TIG welders of its class, Everlast PowerTIG has already garnered a potent user base as it packs in surprising number of features in its tiny frame.
This welding machine can guard your back at all times irrespective of the job or power source you are dealing with. The PowerTIG delights with a superb duty cycle which is way ahead of its contemporaries.
It’s simple design and user-friendly interface caters to the requirement of amateur welders without compromising on its functionalities.
It comes out of the box coupled with a 110V adapter and 220V plug both of which guarantee smooth and controlled performance at all times.
With 35% duty cycle at maximum power, the Everlast welder bring along more actual working hours and less downtime. You can opt for its high-frequency start process to keep the tungsten free from contamination which is an absolute must for aluminium welding.
With wide range of AC frequency, the Everlast 185 paves the way for predictable welds whether it is operating at its maximum capacity or at low amperes.
You can exercise absolute control over the settings given the clear readouts and simple operation.
A steady directional arc is delivered by the digitally controlled inverted of the unit which also comes equipped with pre-and post-flow gas controls thus reducing gas wastage and simplifying the setup process.
- Digital display of readouts aid in smooth welding during 2T mode.
- Simple yet perfect operation makes it a perfect choice for beginners.
- Comes with 5 year’s warranty.
- Short gas hose.
- Does not come with a stick weld holder or foot pedal.
5. TIG 160 Amp Torch ARC Stick DC Welder 110/230V Dual Voltage Welding Machine New
The Amico TIG-160DC welder has been designed to usher in optimum comfort and portability in your workplace. Its advanced inverter technology offers more concentrated and stable arc.
The response gets quicker when the work piece and stick gets shortened. Thus, this welder can easily take on versatile welding wherein it can be specially adjusted for making the arc harder or softer.
The multi-purpose welder can weld carbon steel, stainless steel, copper and other colored metals.
It has also found widespread usage in traditional electric welding. The 14.5-pound welder is accompanied by an electrode holder, work clamp, TIG torch gun, transfer plug and two pieces of Tungsten measuring 1/16 inch.
- Lightweight welder having adequate power to cater to your work requirements.
- Smooth arc performance.
- Ample tech support.
- Welds stick nicely and offers great penetration capacities on 110V.
- Does not support plasma cutting torch.
6. 200 amp Portable TIG Welding Machine High Frequency 220V TIG MMA 200 with TIG Stick IGBT Inverter Welder
Featuring a high frequency start, the professional TIG welder can work on ¼ inch thick steel. This DC stick welder having some TIG accessories requires Argon gas for carrying out TIG welding having a thickness of 0.3-5.0mm.
It is imperative to note here that the welder does not come with a regulator or flow meter which requires to be bought separately. There is a place for hooking up your argon gas but it will remain unregulated unless you purchase a separate regulator or flow meter.
In spite of being a premium grade welder, it might start showing signs of weakness if used in extreme environments or bounced around in the backseat of a pickup van.
- Newly adopted IGBT technology reduce device breakdown.
- Accompanied by an electrode holder, earth clamp, gas tube and TIG torch.
- Offers manufacturing warranty for 1 year and technical support throughout the lifetime.
- Does not support pedal control.
7. Amico TIG-205 / 200 Amp HF TIG Torch/Stick/Arc Welder 115 & 230V Dual Voltage Welding Machine
Amico has been delivering top-notch welding machines for quite some time now and the TIG-205 stands no different to this general phenomenon.
This multi-functional welder supports high-frequency Stick, TIG and ARC welding. Some other attributes which have added to its popularity are HF Start-easy arc, LCD amperage display and easy operation.
Advanced IGBT inverter technology makes the Amico TIG-205 the perfect aid for welding thin workpiece where precision is of utmost importance.
Its response will be quicker when work piece and stick gets shortened making it easier to be used in various designing works. It can also be adjusted to make the arc harder or softer.
Both personal and professional requirements can be catered to by its lightweight yet durable components which can guarantee reliability for years to come.
You can also be guarded from voltage fluctuation with its over and under voltage protection, over load protection and over current protection.
A flawless weld gets delivered by the Amico TIG-205 making post-weld clean-up and splatter almost non-existent.
- Super responsive amperage knob.
- Extremely quiet operation.
- High quality cables.
- Automatic temperature control.
- Dual voltage input of 115V and 230V adding to its versatility.
- Cannot weld aluminium.
8. MophornTig Welder 140 Amp Tig Stick Welder 110V/220V Dual Voltage
This versatile welder from Mophorn is ideal for professional usage coupled with its diverse possibilities of being used both as an arc stick and TIG welder.
Its robust steel construction which comes layered with a powder-coated case further adds to its durability.
It supports dual voltage input of 110V and 220V thus hiking up your possibilities.
This ultra-powerful welder can fuse 3/8-inch chrome, steel, titanium, stainless steel, aluminium alloy etc.
The Mophorn TIG welder can be easily used in iron processing, shipyard, machinery manufacturing, home decoration, sheet metal processing, automotive maintenance, guardrail, factory, construction field, home decoration and similar spheres.
It also ranks high in the department of security coupled with protection against over-heat, over-current and over-voltage.
You can thus concentrate fully on your welding job without having to worry about electrical disturbances.
Some other features which deserve special mention are its 0-15 seconds’ adjustable gas delay time, 0-10 seconds’ adjustable current delay time and powerful cooling system which come together to impart greater longevity to the Mophorn combo welding machine.
- Light weighted welder which can be carried around with ease.
- Can be used both as an arc stick or TIG welder.
- Helps in achieving 85% DC inverter efficiency coupled with IGBT technology.
- Output current can be adjusted with the knob.
- It is compatible with Ф Max.3.2mm acid & alkaline electrode.
- Powder coated construction imparts greater durability to this welder by keeping it buffered from all forms of dirt and dust.
- Unit does not accept a foot switch
9. Amico TIG-165 / 160 Amp HF TIG Torch/Stick/Arc Welder 115 & 230V Dual Voltage Welding Machine
You can facilitate easy welding works coupled with the Amico TIG-165 welder which can handle stick, TIG and Arc welding.
This multi functional welder can take on 3/8 inch of alloy steel, stainless steel, copper cast iron, mild steel and chrome. Post-weld clean-up and splatter become almost non-existent with the Amico model which has been engineered to deliver flawless weld time and again.
The 115V/230V dual voltage input of this TIG welder ensures that it can be plugged into common sources of power supply.
Powered by the extremely versatile IGBT inverter technology, the Amico welder offers excellent arc stability.
15-160 amps of power is perfect for welding super-thin materials with utmost precision. Such attributes wrapped in a lightweight build has helped the Amico TIG welder in becoming a reliable work tool for both personal and professional use.
Protection offered by the device against voltage fluctuation help in maintaining its longevity while automatic temperature control feature eases out its application.
- Comes with a TIG gun.
- Offers high-frequency start.
- Lacks foot pedal control.
10. SUNGOLDPOWER 200Amp
Featuring advanced technology and state-of-art features, the SUNGOLDPOWER welding machine can serve as your ideal choice for both MMA and TIG welding.
Such attributes have made it the ideal option for both professionals as well as hobbyists who are on the lookout for a dynamic yet lightweight solution to their welding problems.
The IGBT inverter welding technology of the SUNGOLDPOWER model converts utility power to high voltage for being stored in a capacitor bank.
A microprocessor controller thereby switches it into a second transformer for producing necessary welding current.
Optimum user-friendliness is imparted by its digital display unit which helps the welder in gauging everything with maximum precision.
This high-frequency machine helps in exercising greater level of control in comparison to non-inverter based welding machines coupled with its power transistor, gate and bipolar transistor.
Another unique aspect of this lightweight and portable welder is its fan cooling system which ensures that the device never gets too hot to handle and thus accentuating its longevity.
You can make use of the SUNGOLDPOWER welder for dealing with bronze, brass, nickel alloys, copper, stainless steel and normal steel.
- Adequate safety is ensured by over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current and over-load protection.
- High-frequency start helps in improving tungsten life.
- IGBT technology helps with forward resistance, less response time, fast switching of speed levels, logic level switching and much more.
- Crafted using industry grade metal which makes it ideal for undertaking custom fabrication and maintenance jobs.
- Extremely lightweight model weighing at only 10 kg.
- Offers 60% duty cycle at 200amp TIG welding output as well as 180amp MMA welding output.
- Cannot be used for welding aluminium.
Your ultimate purchase decision will be influenced by the type of work you wish to perform. The machine’s power can be calculated from its duty cycle provided at a specific voltage and for a defined time span.
Amperage also has a crucial role to play in proceeding with the selection process. Machines offering amperage ranging from 5-250 can take up the welding of thinner materials such as ¼ inch aluminium and 24-gauge stainless steel.
The amount of applications served by the welder holds a directly proportional relationship with the width of the amperage. Thus, the requirement of owning a different welding machine gets nullified with TIG welders having wider amperage range.
Welding machines which offer both DC/AC voltages shall be preferred if you wish to repair both soft and hard metals.