Last updated on February 18th, 2021
Instances are not rare when we spend hours on cleaning our house only to find mites, fleas and cockroaches infecting the same within just a matter of few minutes.
It also gets pretty tough to deal with stubborn dirt which simply refuses to vanish.
This is where a mop vacuum comes in to make our lives easier by allowing us to devote greater time in doing something we like rather than scrubbing off dust.
Today we are going to take a look at 5 of the very best mop vacuum combos available in the market but first we are going to discuss about the things to keep in mind while purchasing the same.
Things To Consider While Purchasing A Mop Vacuum
1. BISSELL CrossWave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop for Hard floors and Area Rugs 2306A
This revolutionary cleaning system can make your home chores easier by both vacuuming and washing your floors at once.
This multi-surface cleaning tool can cater to all forms of dry and wet debris like an absolute pro.
The Bissell model comprises of two separate tanks wherein one stores the cleaning solution and water while the other stores debris and dirty water which gets sucked up by the unit.
You can access various cleaning mode knobs from the handle of this mop vacuum for catering to your specific floor type.
The trigger supplying cleaning solution and water to the brushroll is positioned along the handle for being squeezed once the unit is powered up.
The innovative mop vacuum can be used on a plethora of surfaces such as carpet, sealed wood floors, tile, laminate, rugs, pressed wood floors, rubber floor mats, linoleum and many more.
- Easy to toggle between cleaning area rugs and hard floors courtesy its Smart-Touch controls located at the handle.
- Possible to exercise control over the cleaner dispensed on the floor space with its moisture-control trigger.
- Easy to empty pet hair strainer assists in separating and trapping pet hair.
- The Pet Brush roll can minimize pet hair wrap and remove debris in a hassle-free manner.
- Specialized cleaning solution assists with complete elimination of all pet odors.
- Roller has a tendency of getting dirty pretty quickly.
It is now possible to get sparkly clean floors without having to break a sweat courtesy the CrossWave 1785A wet and dry vacuum from the house of BISSELL.
You can definitely benefit out of mammoth savings in time and energy as you can get both vacuuming and moping work done at one go while using this versatile model.
Its two-tank cleaning system features an auto stopping mechanism for avoiding the overflow of dirty water onto your clean floors.
The tank for clean water can cater to around 28 ounces of liquid.
However, you might be required to refill it from time to time if you have a large area to cater to since a full tank can cater to a maximum of 700 sq. ft.
The clean tank also does not have any level indicator making it imperative to checking every now and then.
The Dual-Action brushroll working on both area rugs and hard floors spins at 3500 RPM to cater to your cleaning and maintenance woes brilliantly.
- The rinse and clean out storage tray coupled with the removable brush window make it extremely easy to clean this mop vacuum.
- The microfiber of this multi-surface brushroll comes off as gentle on hard floors while its stiff nylon bristles can cater to cracks and grout lines effortlessly.
- Dirty water is kept separate from the clean one coupled with its innovative two-tank technology.
- Usage of other cleaners might void its warranty.
If your house doesn’t have much carpeted floor space, then the ILIFE V5s can serve as your best bet for cleaning the same easily.
This circular vacuum having a minimalist look features elegant gold hues in its top.
You can start this device by simply pressing the Clean button after which the robot vacuum gets the rest done thoroughly.
Cliff sensors safeguard the robot vacuum from falling off the stairs whereas front obstacle sensors coupled with its TPU bumper protect your home furniture by avoiding inherent clashes with the vacuum.
The dirt bin needs to be removed and replaced with a water tank to benefit out of its wet mopping feature.
This in turn will shut down the vacuum motor automatically although its side brushes will keep on moving while navigating from one room to another.
- Both mop and vacuum can be dried simultaneously making it the ideal choice for dealing with statically charged dust.
- Auto cleaning can be scheduled once every day and for seven days a week.
- Working noise gets reduced rhetorically so that you don’t get disturbed while catering to your other home chores.
- Slim and lightweight design which can easily fit into small spaces for scraping out the dirt.
- Lacks motorized brush which makes it incapable of cleaning carpets.
- No virtual wall to keep the V5s off areas which don’t require cleaning.
This hybrid mop vacuum can serve as your perfect pick for tackling high traffic areas such as kitchen by vacuuming and mopping the floor simultaneously to save your precious time.
The Symphony 1132A comes equipped with a water filter and a pre-motor foam filter.
It becomes mandatory to clean the latter following every single usage especially if you are cleaning a highly soiled area. It is also recommended to replace the filters every six months for ensuring optimum performance.
You can toggle between steam cleaning, vacuuming or both while using this efficient cleaner.
In this way, you can vacuum up solid debris prior to steaming the area.
Alternatively, you can vacuum while sanitizing and follow it up thoroughly with steam to complete the sterilization drill.
- Produces steam by itself without any requirement of adding hot water.
- Offers supreme versatility in the form of vacuum and steam cleaning simultaneously although these two features can also be used separately.
- Changing microfiber pads become easy coupled with its easy release option.
- Powerful cyclonic vacuum can capture dirt and debris in an easy manner.
- Dry Tank technology keeps the moisture out so that your dirt tank stays completely dry while cleaning.
- Can clean an array of floor types such as linoleum, ceramic, granite, tile and marble with equal ease.
- This bare floor cleaner might not be of much help in dealing with carpet areas.
- Distilled water required by the steam mop comes off as an added expense.
You can tidy up your house within just a few minutes coupled with the BISSELL Symphony 1543A which uses the natural power of steam to sanitize your flooring for elimination of 99.9% bacteria and germs.
Weighing at only 10.6 pounds, the BISSELL Symphony 1543A makes it easy to clean up messes quickly.
Its ergonomic build makes it the perfect choice for people of all age groups who can work with the same without feeling any strain.
You can turn on the mop vacuum by simply touching its digital buttons after which you will be required to specify the desired setting.
You can completely turn off the steam or toggle between high and low variants for cleaning any surface without the requirement of any chemical cleaner.
The soft pad which accompanies the BISSELL model can be thrown into the washer whenever required.
You can also infuse a scintillating aroma inside your home coupled with the scent discs for bidding adieu to pet odor.
- Dirty tank is kept completely dry by its innovative technology which keeps moisture out.
- Comes with disposable mop pads which can cater to your pet messes in the best manner possible.
- Hands-free emptying can help you in disposing off the waste without getting your hands dirty.
- Can clean an array of floor types such as ceramic, granite, hardwood, marble, linoleum etc.
- Requires a lot of time for heating up the steamer.
Whether you have pets or kids at home, they are bound to create a mess from time to time.
A mop vacuum can serve as your ideal choice in such a scenario as it keeps your floor germ-free at all times.
Eva is Cartbig’s editor in chief and she has worked on everything Cartbig covers, from beyblades to lawn mowers. In her previous life, she held editorial positions in iEssent and BHP.
She loves reading, she has a daughter and a poorly behaved havanese dog.
She resides in Utah and she works remotely from a desk piled with post-it notes, science fiction books and all kinds of cameras. Even broken ones.