Last updated on February 10th, 2021
Table saw can be an extremely important tool for the woodworker who wishes to benefit from both quality and quantity of the work done. These small yet mighty machines hold the power to rip, milter, crosscut and bevel with utmost precision.
The market is filled with an array of options when it comes to choosing a table saw. The Cabinet Saws are the costliest options having a cast iron table machined in to a highly smooth surface.
The cabinet beneath the saw table encloses the 3-5HP motor. The entire saw can weigh almost 600 pounds along with its fence and wings.
Contractor Saws are more portable and thus used increasingly by building contractors. The table top is made of aluminum and the motor is mounted outside the saw. Hybrid Saws combines the best features of contractor and cabinet saws in the form of a cast iron saw table and heavier gears.
|DEWALT DWE7491RS||110 pounds ||$$$ || Check Price |
|Bosch 4100-09||124.2 pounds ||$$$ ||Check Price|
|Makita 2705X1||145 pounds ||$$$$ ||Check Price|
|DEWALT DW745||53.2 pounds ||$$ ||Check Price|
|SKIL 3410-02||67 pounds ||$ ||Check Price|
|Makita 2705||82 pounds ||$$$ ||Check Price|
|DEWALT DWE7480||45 pounds ||$ ||Check Price|
|Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461||50.4 pounds ||$ ||Check Price|
|SKILSAW SPT70WT-01||49 pounds ||$$ ||Check Price|
|Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031||52 pounds ||$ ||Check Price|
Things To Consider While Purchasing A Table Saw
1. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
This regular wood work tool has been designed for those who are passionate about creating home furnishing through remodelling and DIYing.
Coupled with an incredible 32 ½ inches of rip capacity, the DWE7491RS can make suave cuts through various types of materials in a seamless manner.
The rolling stand also comes as an incredible feature which helps in moving the table saw without facing any difficulty whatsoever.
Its 15-amp motor houses a monitor along with telescoping abilities which simplifies the hardwood material ripping process thus paving the way for narrow cuts time and again. The compactly designed table saw can be folded and stored with much ease.
This heavy-weight saw weighing 90 pounds’ aids in bringing greater stability. Its 2-inch dust port connects easily with a standard vacuum making the dust extraction process a hassle-free one. The Rolling Stand of the DEWALT table saw featuring rack & pinion fence system helps in making fast and easy fence adjustments which rank high on accuracy.
Its heavy-duty wheels can easily roll over curbs, steps and jobsite debris without any chance of toppling over. The saw offers 2-1/4-inch-deep cuts at 45 degrees and 3-1/8-inch-deep cuts at 90 degrees. Superior material support is provided by its 26-1/4 X 22-inch table which helps in piercing through bigger hardwood boards.
You can easily access the push stick and Site-Pro Guard components from the on-board storage when the DEWALT unit is not in use.
- User friendly controls.
- Fence adjusting option.
- Pocket friendly table saw.
- On-board storage protects machine parts when not in use.
- Automatic brake system imparting absolute control over the machine.
- Not portable.
- Saw requires frequent maintenance to yield best results.
2. Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw 4100-09
This precise and durable table saw can help you with faster delivery of finished products paired with its sturdy sub-base having carry handles and SquareLock rip fence.
Its Smart Guard System featuring riving knife and kickback pawls imparts top-grade control over the cutting material along with maximum protection and optimal line of sight. You can easily move the table saw using its Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand thanks to its 8-inch treaded pneumatic wheels.
Requirement of storage space gets minimised through the collapsible design of the Bosch 4100-09 saw table which has been specially built to sustain heavy-duty usage with its powder-coated exterior. The SquareLock Rip Fence diminishes wastage by enhancing cutting trueness along with the quantity of output.
Optimum accuracy gets guaranteed with its slot miter gauge and fence slots which can be quickly locked into place and handled easily by gliding along the rail. The riving knife offers upright, splitting and non-thru cutting positions as well as prevents the blade from being pinched by materials.
Constant response circuitry is incorporated by the saw from bringing along greater speed under load and soft start meant for smooth ramp up speed.
Coupled with 25-inch rip capacity, this 29 x 21 ½ inch square table top makes it easy to take on larger sheets of wood.
The table saw provides plenty of muscle with no load 3650 RPM and 4.0 HP power which gets accentuated by its 5/8 inch arbor size meant for compatible blades. Bevel cuts ranging between -2 and 47 degrees can be inflicted by the table saw along with dado cuts up to 13/16 inch.
- Precision cutting abilities.
- Easy to set up and high portability.
- Supreme safety standards with the smart guard system.
- Easy on the pocket.
- Table vibrationscan affect the overall work quality.
- Short warranty period of just 1 year.
- Awkward angles might make it mandatory to use an angle gauge.
3. Makita 2705X1 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
This 10-Inch contractor table saw comes with split side guard design which aids in easy measurement up to the rip fence from the blade while proceeding with cutting set ups.
Powered by a 15 Amp motor delivering 4600 RPM, the Makita table saw ensures maximum productivity which can rip 4X material in a single pass. The dual on-board autonomous stowable anti-kickback pawls along with the riving knife/spreader helps in making through clean cuts.
The riving knife/spreader can be adjusted without removing the throat plane into three different positions from bringing upon through, dado and non-through cuts. The precision-machined table top comes with an extension to rip 4’x8′ plywood sheets.
There is also a 3/8×3/4-inch T-slot miter gauge loaded with channels which can support the cutting material securely for wide crosscutting jobs. The rip fence slides seamlessly across the table top to guarantee precise adjustments. Other convenience features include an easy to read scale and a large on and off switch.
The saw also offers optimum storage capacity for most of the commonly used accessories such as power supply cord, blade, rip fence, miter gauge, wrench, push stick, dado blade and safety guard.
Makita 2705X1 ranks high on durability and portability courtesy its powder coated exteriors, heavy-duty wheels and portable stand. You can also easily adjust and fold the spring-loaded system for storage.
- Sturdy stand.
- Ability to rip full plywood sheets with much ease.
- Can cut 4X material in a single pass.
- Plastic body can crack easily.
- Rip fence gets bumped out of alignment often.
4. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
The Dewalt table saw combines powerful performance, comfortable guarding system and large rip capacity in its 45 pounds built which comes with a budget price tag.
When it comes to accuracy, transporting convenience and resilience, the DW745 wins the game hands down as users can move the tool according to their individual preference without facing any trouble.
Coupled with its 20 inch rails adjustment facility ensured by its exclusive fence configuration and 15-amp high torque motor, you can easily slice through sheets of pressure-treated lumber and hardwood effortlessly.
Its pinion and rack fence rails pave the way for easy adjustment as the saw inflicts a maximum cut depth of 2-1/4 inches at 45 degrees and 3-1/8 inches at 90 degrees.
As far as safety is concerned, the modular guard system of this table saw ensures the optimum protection of your hands and fingers through tool-free configuration of various application-specific guarding components while spinning at no-load 3850 rpm speed for the extremely sharp 25 tooth carbide blade to slither smoothly through the wood.
The surface of the table comes coated for reducing friction and improving cut quality. A sturdy setup is guaranteed by the metal cage which helps the table saw rank high in durability compared to plastic bases.
Its on-board storage offers easy access to the push stick and guarding components when not in use.
- Excellent blade quality.
- Tool-free adjustment.
- Easy to move.
- On-board storage.
- Dust collection port which can be connected with a Shop-Vac.
- Rising and lower system of the blade reveals some trouble post usage.
- Difficult to slide miter gauge through its track.
5. SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw
This model is tailor-made for DIY woodworkers who wish to take on bigger projects. The first thing that will catch your attention is its folding steel stand which may come in handy if you often have to move the unit.
The stand also makes the setup process very fast and easy as you don’t have to face the regular installation hassles. Coming to durability, this 20 x 26-inch cast aluminium table can withstand heavy-duty usage as advertised by its manufacturers.
With a cut height capacity of 3-1/2-inch, this powerful table saw can slice through 4X material in one pass. Its EZ View measuring system and self-aligning rip fence paves the way for accurate and precise cuts since you won’t feel the requirement for any additional measuring instruments.
The Quick-Mount system helps the 3410-02 table saw in being set us easily on its heavy-duty steel stand. Braced with 5000 RPM of unbridled power and 10-inch carbide tooth blade, the SKIL model provides optimum functionality at its budget price tag.
However, both bevel adjustment and blade height is controlled using a single handle making it difficult to gain precision over the work done. Weighing at 67 pounds, this table saw cannot be branded as an ultra-portable but it is enough to keep your work going.
- Easy to use.
- High affordable table saw.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Easy assembly which takes less than an hour.
- Ample on-board storage.
- Surface handles helps in carrying it around.
- Lacks dust collecting capability.
- Does not bring along adequate precision.
- Poorly designed miter gauge.
6. Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
This versatile and powerful table saw can suffice both professional and personal usage of finish carpenters, furniture makers, cabinet installers, re-modellers, general contractors and decking & flooring contractors.
Its 15-amp motor churning out 4800 RPM of seamless power paves the way for precision and confidence as you rip woods effortlessly by placing the same in its flat and spacious table top.
The right extension table brings along the capability of ripping off 4×8 foot plywood sheets while a 3/8 x 3/4-inch T-slot miter gauge support the cutting material to carry on wide crosscutting jobs.
Other convenience features include an easy-to-read scale and a large on and off switch for making fast adjustments. The built-in storage capacity of the saw can hold almost all forms of commonly used accessories including a power supply cord, saw blade, rip fence, miter gauge, wrench, push stick, dado blade and safety guard.
Its tool-less modular blade guard system comes with adjustable dual side guards which aid in taking measurements. Thorough cuts are guaranteed by the riving knife/spreader and dual on-board independent stowable anti-kickback pawls.
An electric brake is included as a safety measure for enhancing your productivity while ripping apart materials.
- Versatile model offering precision cutting.
- Smooth performance.
- Tool-less installation and removal with the blade guard assembly having cam lock.
- Adjustable dual side guards to help with taking measurement.
- Superior guard design allowing operator to view the blade whenever it comes in contact with the material.
- Requires regular maintenance.
- Dust collection needs improvement
- Tiny power on/off button.
- Lack of wheels’ bottle down its portability.
7. DEWALT DWE7480 10 in. Compact Job Site Table Saw
The DEWALT DWE7480 10-inch Compact Job Site Table Saw features a 15-Amp-motor which can easily glide through hardwoods in a seamless manner.
In stark contrast to the previous DEWALT models, it increases the cutting capacity which can lead up to higher efficiency over a lower time frame.
The rack and pinion telescoping fence rails of its Site-Pro Modular Guarding System paves the path for smooth and accurate fence adjustments.
The 24-1/2 inch of rip can both trim materials and even cut a plethora of larger shelving. Even the cut quality gets rhetorically enhanced by its 24-Tooth carbide blade which imparts greater longevity to the table saw.
You can adjust it easily from 0 – 45 degrees for catering to its bevel applications in a tool free manner.
Its rear feet have been designed in such a manner that the table saw remains properly leveled even while being placed on uneven work areas.
Friction is also reduced to a great extent by the premium table coating so that you can benefit out of smoother cutting time and again.
You can easily attach a 2-1/2-inch vacuum with its dust port for minimizing the clean-up.
- Onboard storage helps in easily accessing the Site-Pro Guarding components as well as the push stick while not using the same.
- Adjustments can be made in a smooth and accurate fashion coupled with the pinion and rack telescoping fence rails.
- Guarantees greater durability in comparison to plastic bases coupled with its metal roll cage base.
- Can be easily moved around the work area given its 45-pound weight.
- Blades can be changed in a straightforward manner which makes this saw ideal for both beginners as well as professionals.
- Motor is strong enough for gliding through everything which comes in its way.
- The pointer of its miter gauge sits far above the scale causing the parallax to lead to additional error.
8. Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
The Craftsman EvolvTable Saw requires simple maintenance which is bound to seem familiar to anyone who has had a little experience previously with power tools.
Given its budget price tag, the high-end construction is bound to delight you to the core.
Although some out of box assembly is required for the table saw and stand, accompanying instructions provided in the user manual can guide you through the same.
Its thin steel stand renders adequate support to the table saw although it stands at a heightened risk of getting damaged easily by the impact of other objects or tools.
Steel and plastic which goes into the table saw’s construction can usually be seen in its costlier peers and thus serves as a welcome addition.
The manufacturers have kept ease of use in mind while designing this unit. This is why bright colors have been used on moving mechanisms and locking parts while the measurement labels have been kept bold.
Rip fence comes with an easy locking mechanism which can be easily engaged.
It is advisable to inspect the electrical cables on a regular basis for staying protected from all chances of electrocution or short circuit.
An air compressor can be used for cleaning dust build-up from the table saw blade.
A safety key present in the user manual is required to activate the table saw switch. Some other popular safety features are kickback pawls and a transparent blade guard.
- Saw is accompanied with a stand in the package.
- Comprehensive user manual helps in gaining proper knowledge over its operation.
- Clips are included in the body itself for various provided accessories.
- Safety features are similar to that of its expensive peers.
- Low cost table saw depicting good cutting performance in lightweight jobs.
- It is not compatible with dado blade.
- Several users have complained about inconsistent build quality.
9. SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw
Exclusively designed for taking up the ripping job like a pro, the world’s foremost worm drive table saw provides a no-load RPM of 5300 and 15-amp of power with its dual-field which helps in keeping the machine cool even when it is taking up heavy-duty and continuous cuts.
Braced with 3-1/2-inch depth of cut and 25-inch rip capacity, the SPT70WT-01 can easily slice through full plywood sheets. The self-aligning rip fence paves the way for accurate cuts along with its easily adjustable bevel which goes from -1° to 46°.
The table saw comes with extra accessories such as self-aligning fence, miter gauge, 24-tooth SKILSAW Carbide-tipped blade for ripping, insert plate, guard system including anti-kick back device, wrench and push stick which can help you perform your ripping work like an absolute master.
The die cast aluminium top and durable all-steel roll cage helps the SPT70WT-01 in withstanding the hard-core demands of jobsite. The mechanism is such that it will help the ripping blades in withstanding extreme temperatures without showing signs of breakage.
Its on-tool storage helps with clipping of accessories underneath the saw while the back port helps in easily connecting with a vacuum cleaner to clean up accumulated sawdust.
At 49 pounds, this table saw ensures complete portability as it is picked up with the rubberized padded handle to be transferred from truck to jobsite.
- Durable and portable.
- Smooth cuts with its powerful motor.
- Absolutely no vibration while cutting.
- Easy to bevel the blade for making 45-degree angle cuts.
- Rip fence stays in place even when maximum pressure is exerted on it.
- Not very loud.
- Wobbly blade quality.
- Does not come with a stand.
10. Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031
Blend in portability and durability with the Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw which features a lightweight base and balanced one-handed carry handle.
Its optimized center of gravity and ergonomic soft-grip handle leads to a properly balanced lift zone which helps in easily transporting this 52-pound table saw without having to break a sweat.
The dual-side handles are positioned in such a way that you can both set it up on a work platform or stand as well as load it into a truck.
The heavy-duty base of the table saw can easily take on jobsite abuse without showing any sign of weakness.
Four rubber feet present at its lightweight base imparts adequate level of stability to the Bosch GTS1031 so that you can work with complete precision.
Wastage gets diminished coupled with its SquareLock Rip Fence which also maximizes output by raising the level of cutting trueness.
The T-slot miter gauge and auxiliary fence slots bring optimum accuracy in its operation so that you can glide it easily along the rail for one-handed operation as well as quick locking post usage.
It takes just a few seconds for the Smart Guard System modular blade guard to attach and detach from the table saw for bringing superior control in its operation.
- One-handed carry handle of the compact table saw imparts mobility and portability to the same.
- All-steel base makes it ideal for being used in heavy-duty environments as it can easily take on even the hardest of jobsite abuse while providing long-lasting performance.
- Self-aligning design and square lock rip fence paves the path for cutting consistency and accurate performance.
- You can exercise complete control coupled with its Smart Guard feature having riving knife system and anti-kickback pawls.
- No-load 5000 rpm motor makes it ideal for undertaking various jobsite applications.
- On-tool storage helps in keeping your worksite clutter free.
- Might not be of much help in building fine furniture.
- Produces a high-pitched metallic sound which can disturb your colleagues or family members.
The safety features of the table saws have undergone a paradigm chance in recent years since they statistically are one of the most dangerous woodworking tool one can possibly use. Paddle style switch helps in turning the saw off using your knee or leg while keeping your hands engaged in the work. The Riving knife has similar width as that of the saw blade and keeps the boards separate as the dual cut pieces of stock slide through the blade. This prevents the wood from kicking back into the user by pinching onto the blade. Anti-kickback pawls present on each side of the riving knife as the name suggest prevent kickbacks by holding the wood in its place. Blade guards constructed using a single or dual plastic piece covers the top portion of the saw blade for prevention of any accidental body or hand contact with the same.