Last updated on March 24th, 2021
The best moments in life occur without any prior indication. A camcorder can help you in capturing these moments so that you can cherish them lifelong.
The footage recorded in these dynamic devices can be easily transferred to the television for enjoying the picturesque hiking sceneries or funny kitchen fails of your husband on the big screen.
But with innumerable camcorder brands available in the market, taking the final call might prove out to be extremely tasking. Your main aim should be to select a device which can cater to your specific requirements without hurting your wallet.
The camcorder should be such that it supports long recording time without running out of juice every now and then and provides you with ample storage space so that you don’t miss out on the last part of your son’s first soccer match.
|Canon VIXIA HF R700||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$$ ||Check Price|
|Sony HDRCX405||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$$ ||Check Price|
|Panasonic HC-V180K||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$$ ||Check Price|
|AiTechny Ultra HD Camcorder||2160p @ 24 fps |
(4k Ultra HD)
|$$ ||Check Price|
|Sony HD HDRCX405||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$ ||Check Price|
|Video Camera Camcorder 4K kicteck Ultra HD||2160p @ 24 fps |
(4k Ultra HD)
|$$ || Check Price |
|Canon VIXIA HF R800||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$$ ||Check Price|
|Video Camera Camcorder SOSUN||1080p @ 15 fps |
|$ ||Check Price|
|Sony HDRCX440||1080p @ 60 fps |
|$$$ ||Check Price|
|Camcorder Video Camera Hausbell HDV-5052||1080p @ 30 fps |
|$ ||Check Price|
We will now take a look at some last-minute buying tips to help you make the most out of your camcorder purchase.
Camcorder Buying Tips
1. Canon VIXIA HF R700 Camcorder
The VIXIA HF R700 camcorder can be your perfect choice for recording everything from travel memories to fun-filled family get-togethers with its SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer and 57x Advanced Zoom which can accentuate your shooting flexibility and creativity.
Equipped with a 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor, the VIXIA HF R700 can capture imageries in 1920×1080 resolution. Thus, you can be guaranteed of Full HD output even in low-light conditions as on-chip noise reduction tags along supreme clarity to every frame.
Outstanding imaging performance comes as a direct result of its powerful DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor which paves the way for noise-free images.
- Comes with an external mic input which can be powered through batteries.
- Video recording can be continued even when the device is being charged.
- Camcorder can be used for live streaming by hooking it up with the PC via its USB port.
- Wide lenses and light can be attached to the camcorder.
- Its supports up to 2048GB of SDXC storage.
- Can record videos in multiple formats.
- Camcorder can be mounted on a ¼ inch thread tripod socket.
- Does not come with the screenshot function.
- Focus cannot be changed by tapping on the screen.
2. Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder
The Sony HDR-CX440 helps in filming 1080p video with its rotating screen and intuitive display which helps in navigating between menus using the toggle button.
It comes with 30X optical zoom which helps in focusing on distant objects while you are out there filming a jungle safari. TheExmor R CMOS sensor has been designed specially to enhance sensitivity even in low light scenarios.
The camcorder comes with an AC adaptor, removable battery, HDMI cable and USB cord to help out in its operations. A short portion of the charging cable remains permanently fixed to the camcorder.
It can however be hidden by being stuck inside the hand strap. Weighing at 7.6 ounces, this lightweight model can serve as the perfect pick for the adrenaline junkies who wish to record every moment of their travel escapades.
The lens comes with a manual cover which needs to be opened every time prior to filming.
- Comes with a year’s warranty.
- Can be charged through wall outlet or PC.
- You can take still shots while recording video.
- Optical SteadyShotand Intelligent Active Mode helps in keeping the footage free of blurs even in shaky circumstances.
- Videos can be recorded in MP4 or AVCHD formats
- 7-inch LCD display which aids in navigating easily even during outdoor shoots.
- Cannot record with the screen closed.
- Cannot record videos while device is being charged.
3. Panasonic HC-V180K Full HD Camcorder
If you are on a lookout for a pocket camcorder, then this lightweight and compact beauty is sure to ensure a versatile experience on the go. In spite of its small size, the camera wins big time in the connectivity parameter as you establish connectivity with the same through USB and HDMI ports.
The touch-driven LCD interface allows you to navigate through the same easily by just a swipe of the finger. You can record videos in three different formats of iFrame, H.264 and AVCHD having a maximum screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
A TTL contrast detection system is used by its auto-focus feature to bring along superb image contrast even with ultimate zooming. Focus adjustment can also be controlled automatically and the built-in lens shield imparts optimum protection to take on rough usage.
- The screen can be closed while recording to save battery.
- Content can be livestreamed over social media.
- Camcorder has a built-in memory system.
- Comes with an array of recording modes such as sepia, black & white etc.
- Can be hooked to a tripod.
- Comes with night vision capability to carry out recording even in low-light conditions.
- Camcorder can be set up within just 5 seconds.
- Does not support recording and real-time projection in an external display at the same time.
4. AiTechny Ultra HD Camcorder
The 4K Ultra HD video camera from AiTechny can carry on with its recording even while being charged so that you don’t miss out on the memories life brings you face to face with.
While working indoors, you can connect it with the power supply through the standard adapter for charging the camera.
However, you need to position your smart devices within a distance of 9.8 feet from the camcorder for exercising this functionality.
Image capture, remote view and video shooting is possible while using the WiFi connectivity to access your camcorder.
- You can carry out with the recording even while charging the device.
- Recorded content can be shared over social media platforms as well as streamed live.
- Supports digital auto focus wherein the focal length should exceed 1 meter.
- It is accompanied with a box which can be used for storing the camera along with its accessories when not in use.
- Its external microphone can enhance sound effect and reduce noise through its X-Y stereo pickup technology.
- Video light and external mic cannot be connected at the same time given the presence of just one interface outside the camcorder.
- Camera lacks Bluetooth function.
5. Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder
The Sony HDRCX405 allows you to capture some mind-blowing footage coupled with its wide-angle Carl Zeiss lens, 27x zoom and Full HD/60p resolution.
As a perfect pick for those who are learning the art of videography, the Sony model helps in creating 9.2MP still images and 1920x1080p videos. Its back-illuminated ExmorR CMOS sensor drastically reduces grain and improves image clarity to pave the way for some stunning low-light shots.
Its 2.7-inch LCD display with an aspect ratio of 16:9 paves the way for some vivid and bright imagery as you alter the settings for composing a shot much more easily.
The SteadyShot stabilization feature can deliver stunningly smooth video while its 3-Way Shake-Cancelling imparts an electronic roll stability during video capture.
- Small and portable camcorder having a durable build.
- Camcorder can be used while being charged.
- It comes with an array of accessories such as HDMI cable, USB connection support cable, AC adaptor, operating guide and rechargeable battery pack NPBX1.
- Shoulder strap loop at the back of the device makes carrying it extremely easy.
- The frame rate can be altered between 30p and 60p.
- Video or picture quality does not get lost while copying directly from the memory card or transferring via USB.
- Camera functions exceptionally in low light conditions.
- The play back button might be pretty difficult to use.
- Special software is necessary for extracting videos from the SD card.
- Noise cancellation might not work adequately at times.
6. Video Camera Camcorder 4K kicteck Ultra HD
The 4K Video Camera from Kickteck supports 270-degree rotation which can prove to be helpful while carrying out vlogging or taking selfies.
You can install the NovaCam application in your smartphone and benefit out of its WiFi function for using the same as a real-time remote controller.
Both Low Cut Filter and X-Y Stereo Pickup Technology is used by the microphone for picking up audio in an accurate manner by filtering out all ambient noise. Its 0.39x super wide angle lens also assist with image localization which ultimately paves the path for beautiful photos.
The compact and lightweight camera can thus serve as the perfect gift for your photography enthusiast friends who wish to benefit out of its advanced technology and premium functionality.
It comes with one year’s warranty and one month’s free refund or replacement to keep you buffered from all probabilities of malfunctioning.
- The camera supports a standard tripod.
- External microphones can be hooked up with the camera through its 3.5mm port.
- Wide angle lens can also be screwed to its front portion.
- The accompanying HDMI cable can be used for connecting an external monitor to the camcorder.
- IR night vision aids in operating the camera even in pitch-dark surroundings.
- Camera has WiFi function and supports RTMP protocol.
- SD card has to be purchased separately.
- Lacks auto-focus feature.
7. Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder
This low-cost HD camcorder comes packed with a bevy of features so that you can capture all the memories life has in store for us with ultra-brightness and minimal loss of details courtesy its Highlight Priority Mode.
The footage captured is much more realistic and balanced due to its smart back light correction attribute. You can record at varying speed settings coupled with the VIXIA HF R800 camcorder which is perfect for creating slo-mo movies related to your golf swing.
The superior File Lock function keeps your videos safe from being deleted accidentally due to operational errors as it disables MP4 conversions, copying, trimming, division and thumbnail changes.
Its 3.0-inch capacitive touch screen retains its visibility even while being used outdoors with accurate natural colour reproduction. You can track moving subjects and choose focal points with the streamlined user interface of VIXIA HF R800 which can surely serve the requirements of both amateurs and professionals alike.
While selecting shooting modes, clear explanations pop up so that you can feel confident about the path of action. Its 1080/60p recording eliminates diagonal noise even while shooting fast-moving objects.
- Full HD video gets recorded directly in the removable SD memory card.
- Is compatible with the usage of SDXC cards with the maximum capacity of 2048 GB.
- Easy to use built-in video editor.
- Automatic colour adjustment and stabilization although the same can also be customized according to your requirement.
- Small and compact cylindrical shape feels easy to be carried around on those long adventure trails.
- Does not support 4K resolution.
- You do not get a complete 180 degree viewing by zooming out totally.
- Does not have any built-in memory.
8. Video Camera Camcorder SOSUN
The portable camcorder manufactured by SOSUN can keep your back at all times with its compact and lightweight build which does not inflict any strain on your shoulder or arms even after being held for long.
Its rechargeable 3.7V 1250 mAh lithium ion battery can keep up with your recording requirements over a stretch of 2-2.5 hours even while being charged.
This can be of great help especially while recording super long videos without having to worry about the device running out of juice in the middle.
Alternatively, you can also edit the videos and upload it directly on YouTube thus making it the top choice of video bloggers.
You can also enjoy complete precision over the footage recorded through the 270-degree rotational TFT LCD of this dynamic camcorder supporting AVI video format and JPEG image format.
- The video camera is accompanied with a charger, two batteries and other essential cables.
- Hand holder brings greater stability to the recorded footages.
- Extremely portable camcorder having an easy learning curve.
- Footages recorded can be viewed in its 3.0 inch TFT LCD screen which also supports 270-degree rotation
- Allows the flexibility of carrying on with the recording even while charging the camcorder.
- Comes backed with a year’s warranty and a month’s replacement or refund to keep you buffered from any sort of manufacturing defects.
- SD card has to be purchased separately.
- Lacks optical zoom and auto focus.
9. Sony HDRCX440 Handycam HD Camcorder
This lightweight and easy to use camcorder from Sony can film HD videos with its 30X optical zoom without degrading the image quality. The 60X clear image zoom and 350X digital zoom can also get the job done for you if you don’t mind scrolling through footage a bit on the fuzzier side.
Its integrated Wi-Fi stands out as an USP letting you connect your smart devices to the same after downloading the “PlayMemories” application. The fact that you can use your smartphone as a wireless remote for this camcorder is extremely beneficial if you wish to use the same as a makeshift security camera.
Its 2.7-inch LCD screen with an aspect ratio of 16:9 delivers bright and vivid image even when viewed in broad daylight. Heavy camera shakes get compensated by the Optical SteadyShot image stabilization whether you are engaged in full telephoto or wide angle shooting to bring along smooth video quality.
- Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensorhelps while filming in low-light conditions.
- Wide angle 35mm Carl Zeiss lens help in shooting with utmost efficiency.
- Multi-camera control for triggering shutter release.
- 7 different picture effects to impart a professional look and feel to your captured frames.
- Built-in USB 2.0 cable to propel easy file transfer or connectivity.
- Limited zoom capability up to 30X.
- Lack of in-camera editing capabilities.
10. Camcorder Video Camera Hausbell HDV-5052
Frame all the beautiful memories of life in the lightweight Hausbell camcorder which can easily accompany you to all your hikes and camping trips.
Although this camcorder is targeted at the amateurs, it can also cater to requirement of professionals with 16X digital zoom and 1080P video resolution.
This also makes it convenient to edit the recorded footages before being shared over social media or uploaded over YouTube to delight your subscribers.
You can capture both nightscape and indoor scenes in its truest sense with the Infrared Night Vision mode.
All you will have to do is press on the Right/IR function button for availing the Infrared Night Vision feature during low light conditions.
- 5MP CMOS sensor and 16 digital active zoom helps in capturing exceptional detail in every frame.
- Infrared Night Vision mode helps in capturing clear images even in low-light scenarios.
- LCD touch screen featuring 270-degree rotation can add clarity and depth to all your movie scenes.
- Wrist strap running through the side of the camcorder makes it easy to hold on to the same while recording videos.
- Ideal choice for beginners who are on the lookout for an easy to use option.
- Wi-Fi connection helps in exercising real time control over the operation of the camcorder through your tablet or smartphone.
- Night vision feature gets lacklustre while trying to focus on a frame positioned at a distance exceeding 5 meters.
- SD memory card has to be purchased separately.
RCA, Panasonic, Bell & Howell, Polaroid, Astak, Vivitar, JVC, Sony, Sharp, Canon, Colby and Blackmagic Design are some popular camcorder brands which can serve as a safe bet to proceed with.
They have been around for quite some time enriching customer with dynamic features and limitless possibilities on the go. The modern-day camcorders can capture crystal clear images empowered by stellar technological growth.
They are allowing the camcorders to be transformed into a Wi-Fi hub by simply downloading an application in your smartphone whereby the latter can be used to control the operations of the recorder.
Some even come with built-in LED light to help with night-time shooting and superior external microphones to reduce noise interruptions.
Read Another Related Article: Best Camcorder Under $500